Due to the latest Stage 3 and Stage 4 Restrictions in Victoria, one-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program.
What support is available?
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional areas except Mitchell Shire
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
What eligibility criteria does a business need to me to apply?
- operate a business located within Victoria; and
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme; and
- employ people; and
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020; and
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis; and
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020; and
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020; and
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
How can the funding be used?
- meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries or rent
- seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- any other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
Some important points:
- Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
- Business owners that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program.
- Employing businesses must provide their WorkCover Employer Number in the application form for verification.
- If you have already applied for the Extension package before the further $5,000 was announced due to Stage 4 restrictions, there is no need to apply again. This extra $5,000 will be credited to you.
As usual, if you have any further questions or require us to apply for this support fund on your behalf please feel free to contact us.
Click here for Application Page – Applications close 14 September 2020